4.10.0: Some vectors not rendering for a layer

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at TERRITORIUMONLINE.COM
Thu Oct 19 03:29:53 EDT 2006

Andre Lockhart wrote:
> We have a layer with a few hundred vectors/segments that renders in
> different colors based on a class expression. Some of the vectors
> render, others do not.
>
> We are well under the limit for classes and layers.
>
> One clue is that it is the most recently drawn vectors that do not render.
>
> We’ve tried rebooting/reinitializing everything, to no avail.

Andre,

I assume everything was working fine with Mapserver prior to version
4.10. If that is the case, I suspect you might have run into a problem
that I encountered myself with the new release and which I think is
related to some changes made in the mapfile lexer.

In particular, I noticed that, when using class expressions of the form

EXPRESSION abcd

(that is a simple string based expression) Mapserver now requires you to
put quotes around those expressions (i.e. EXPRESSION "abcd") or it
*might* fail to recognize them as such. This applies to a layer's FILTER
as well, but, as with EXPRESSION, only when using string expressions, no
regular or nested logical expressions (which are still delimited by
slashes and brackets, respectively).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Andreas