c# imageObj.save method not working properly?

Paolo Corti pcorti at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 24 09:13:47 EDT 2006

Hello all

Looks like the imageObj.save(filename) metod doesn't work properly

I correctly set IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL in mapfile:

WEB
  IMAGEPATH "C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/output"
  IMAGEURL "http://localhost/output"
END

If I try to write the image to disk with imageObj.save(filename) the image
is not saved in the IMAGEPATH location, but in the mapfile's folder.
For example if I save the image:
imageObj.save("test.jpg")

The image test.jpg is not written under
IMAGEPATH("C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/output") but in the mapfile folder (another
folder).

The workaround is to give the fullname of image, like here:

public override String GetURLMap()
    {
      //refresh map
      imageObj image = map.draw();
      //be sure to have set Web parameters in mapfile (IMAGEPATH, IMAGEURL)
      //return URLMap
      String ImageName = DateTime.Now.Second.ToString() +
DateTime.Now.Millisecond.ToString() + "." + map.outputformat.extension;
      image.save(image.imagepath + "\\" + ImageName, map);
      //image.save(ImageName, map);
      return image.imageurl + "/" + ImageName;
    }

but I am wondering how no one still pointed out this bug, maybe I configured
something wrong in map file.

Any help appreciated

Paolo Corti
http://www.paolocorti.net