WCS and 32-bit FLOAT GeoTIFFS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Oct 27 20:11:15 EDT 2006

John Cartwright wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've got a 32-bit float geotiff that I'm serving via WCS.  Strangely,
> GetCoverage requests are returning geotiffs comprised entirely of no
> data values.
>
> Here's my OUTPUTFORMAT section in the mapfile:
> OUTPUTFORMAT
>  NAME GTiff
>  DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
>  MIMETYPE "image/tiff"
>  IMAGEMODE FLOAT32
>  EXTENSION "tif"
> END
>
> and I'm specifying "format=gtiff" in the request.
>
> Can someone help me with what I'm doing wrong?

John,

My guess would be that this is a problem of location.  That there might
be some mixup in MapServer's assumptions about where the input files are
such that they don't get drawn in response to the requests that come in.
This issue could be the input files themselves, the layer definition or
details of the WCS request coming in.  I don't see any problem with the
output format declaration you have used.

Best regards,