How to create tiles accurately with MapServer?

Teemu Mäkelä Teemu.Makela at ARBONAUT.COM
Sat Oct 28 08:17:32 EDT 2006

Hi,

I should create tiles. I have linear features and in mapfile I've defined
the line to be drawn with width of 1 pixel.

On the border of tiles:
CASE A:
- Line continues OK from tile A to tile B, if line crosses the tile border
with angle of 45-90 degrees.
CASE B:
- Line does not continue (small gap), if line crosses the tile border with
angle of 0-45 degrees. Gap is the problem! Size of the gap depends on the
angle. If angle is 5 degress, gap is about 10 pixels; if angle is 30
degrees, gap is about 3 pixels.

Any idea how to get rid of the gaps on lines?

Teemu