How to create tiles accurately with MapServer?

Sat Oct 28 09:55:18 EDT 2006

Teemu Mäkelä wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I should create tiles. I have linear features and in mapfile I've
> defined the line to be drawn with width of 1 pixel.
>
> On the border of tiles:
> CASE A:
> - Line continues OK from tile A to tile B, if line crosses the tile
> border with angle of 45-90 degrees.
> CASE B:
> - Line does not continue (small gap), if line crosses the tile border
> with angle of 0-45 degrees. Gap is the problem! Size of the gap depends
> on the angle. If angle is 5 degress, gap is about 10 pixels; if angle is
> 30 degrees, gap is about 3 pixels.
>
> Any idea how to get rid of the gaps on lines?
>
> Teemu

Hi Teemu,

I think we will need more info to help. Can you post your mapfile
please. Also how are you generating the tiles? ka-map?, mapserv cgi,
mapscript? Are you projecting the data? How do you determine the extents
of tile A and B?

-Steve W