mapscript API shapfileObj units

Mon Oct 30 13:13:34 EST 2006

You can't! This is because it is not encoded in the shapefile to start
with. The only reason you can get it from the Layer pbject is because
you can set it in the mapfile and then retrieve it layer into mapscript.
The equivalent behavior would be to create a metadata file for each
shapefile and fetch it from that.

-Steve