mime type of GetCapabilities response

Tue Sep 5 08:50:05 EDT 2006

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> did something change with the mime type of a WMS GetCapabilities response?
>
> I am not getting back the correct mimetype (the ogc one) anymore using
> 4.10 beta2.

The MIME type was text/xml before WMS 1.1.0 and it has changed to
application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml in WMS 1.1.0 ... and if I remember correctly
in WMS 1.3.0 we are back to text/xml (but MapServer doesn't support 1.3.0).

So with MapServer (and any WMS):

WMS 1.0.0 to 1.0.7 should return Content-type: text/xml

WMS 1.1.0/1.1.1 should return Content-type: application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml

Is this not what you get?

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette