Using Snapshots as input

Manfred Meier m.meier at SPIEKERMANN.DE
Mon Sep 11 10:06:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

if I understand right, you want to compute from time to time a raster
image from your area with all gps points at this time and after that
show only the difference set as a shape file?

You could do this with shp2img to create a png or jpeg. If the shown
extent is the same every time you must only  once produce a world file
for this.

The problem is that you can not zoom in or out with high quality.
Perhaps you have to create images and world files for several extents
and select them with MINSCALE and MAXSCALE.

Manfred