Strange map draw issue

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Sep 14 10:18:18 EDT 2006

ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Steve Hall
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:22 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Strange map draw issue

Hi All,

I've been using Mapserver for a while now, in a variety of situations,
but am seeing a slightly strange behaviour in one of my setups.
Basically i'm getting a line of 'garbage' being drawn across the
generated map image.

A sample of what I mean is here :

http://demo.mercatorgeosystems.co.uk/tmp/1158239461914994.png

There is no road feature or other line that should be there, and if I
redraw the map the line of garbage will either disappear or change in
either length or 'content'.  It doesn't appear all the time, but
certainly enough to be annoying.

My MapServer version is 4.8.1, running with Apache 1.3.31 on Fedora Core
4.  I've got several other MapServer based configurations on this setup
and they're all working fine.   The data source in question is an Oracle
10g (10.1) database which is also used for other systems and seems
fine.....

Weird eh?  Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve H