Google Earth can now access OGC WMS services. (followup)

Julien, Heryk hjulien at NRCAN.GC.CA
Wed Sep 20 11:59:11 EDT 2006

Yes,
I haven't figured out what is going. I'll have to look into this. Some wms servers are okay while others are definitely off! But the kmz example I sent you seems to show up correctly in GE.
We have to point out that this is a new beta release. I'm sure the bug will be fixed in a near future.

Have you tried Dapple? Very neat! It's GE like and wms compliant but you need Windows XP to run it.
http://dapple.geosoft.com/help/wms.asp

Cheers
Héryk

-----Message d'origine-----
De : John Cartwright [mailto:John.C.Cartwright at noaa.gov]
Envoyé : 20 septembre 2006 11:50
À : Julien, Heryk
Objet : Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Google Earth can now access OGC WMS services. (followup)

Hello Again,

I've found what seems to be the correct syntax, but have significant
distortion/displacement between the  GE layers and WMS image. Did you
have any trouble with this?

Thanks again!

-- john

<GroundOverlay>
        <name>Untitled Image Overlay</name>
        <color>99ffffff</color>
        <Icon>
<href>http://map.ngdc.noaa.gov/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap/basicworld?VERSION=1.1.1&amp;REQUEST=GetMap&amp;SRS=EPSG:4326&amp;WIDTH=1024&amp;HEIGHT=1024&amp;LAYERS=1,2&amp;STYLES=&amp;TRANSPARENT=TRUE&amp;FORMAT=image/png&amp;</href>
                <viewRefreshMode>onStop</viewRefreshMode>
                <viewRefreshTime>2</viewRefreshTime>
                <viewBoundScale>0.75</viewBoundScale>
        </Icon>
        <LatLonBox>