Antwort: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Question: ArcGIS Server using PostgreSQL/PostGIS

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Wed Sep 20 11:49:41 EDT 2006

Bryon

Obviously this question is quite off-topic in this list. I hope nobody
minds me to answer anyway, since
the question is so interesting :-)
http://gforge2.uwc.ac.za/projects/ziggis

I' think it's a great approach. I didn't test.

Benedikt

Btw: Same for Oracle would be nice also

UMN MapServer Users List <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
20.09.2006 17:09:27:

> Does anybody know if it is possible to use ESRI?s ArcGIS Server and
PostgreSQL/PostGIS together?  I guess the larger question is:  is it
possible to use PSQL as the spatial data repository of ESRI products
without the use of ESRI?s ArcSDE.  Side Note:  I heard at the San Diego
ESRI Intl. User Conference that ESRI intends to support PostgreSQL through
ArcSDE sometime after their release of 9.2.