PHP setup using tomcat

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Thu Sep 21 19:12:10 EDT 2006

Hi Mark,

Yes, I do use Ka-Map, but my setup is different. You'd normally
configure IIS or Apache webserver to run PHP, which is quite
straightforward, and then set up php_mapscript. Mapserv is independent
from php_mapscript, which is the PHP extension that you will need to get
running to use Ka-Map. I suppose there is an equivalent procedure for
TomCat. So are you trying to get this to work for your IIS test-server
(not your production server)?

You can try to follow these instructions to run PHP on tomcat:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/UsingPhp

Then make sure that it can access the php_mapscript.dll and its
dependencies.

Or you will have to run php on Apache webserver (not tomcat) or on IIS,
and proxy one through the other (best put IIS or Apache in front,
because they perform better than tomcat for normal serving).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jacob