PHPMapScript and OGR

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Fri Sep 22 07:21:23 EDT 2006

Dear Friends;

I'm trying to draw a point on the map by using ogr connection.
I have already achieved it by using mapserver and OGR.

But Now I'm reading latitude and longitude of the poimt from mysql by using php.
By following

$iladi=$_POST['iller'];
$ilceadi=$_POST['ilceler'];
$koyadi=$_POST['koyler'];

$query = "SELECT * FROM $db_tb WHERE city LIKE '$iladi' AND
district LIKE '$ilceadi' AND village  LIKE '$koyadi'";

$result = mysql_query($query) or die("Query failed : " . mysql_error());

$num = mysql_numrows($result);
                    $i=0;
while ($i < $num) {
$koyadi    = mysql_result($result,$i,"village");
$ilceadi     = mysql_result($result,$i,"district");
$iladi       = mysql_result($result,$i,"city");
$zone         = mysql_result($result,$i,"zone");
$lon          = mysql_result($result,$i,"lon");
$lat          = mysql_result($result,$i,"lat");
                    ++$i;
}

 and I draw map by followings

 $map_path="/var/www/html/zone/";

 $map = ms_newMapObj($map_path."zone.map");
 $map->setExtent($nMinX, $nMinY, $nMaxX, $nMaxY);

 $ref = $map->drawreferencemap();
 $legend=$map->drawLegend();
 $image=$map->draw();

thats ok. But I would like to draw just one point on the map by using result
value of mysql query in php. I'm not sure there is some easy way may be exist
in PHPmapscript . May be by using querymap or etc. But I have try it by using ogr
LAYER
  NAME sel_loc
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION '<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="sel_loc">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:bina,user=root,password=mysql_123,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=zoneson</SrcDataSource>
<SrcSQL>SELECT lat,lon,village from zoneson where village = "%koyadi%" and
city = "%iladi%" and district = "%ilceadi%"  </SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="lon" y="lat"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>'
  DATA sel_loc
    STATUS default
  TYPE POINT
  CLASS
    NAME "koy merkezis"
    SYMBOL "cpoint"
    SIZE 15
    COLOR 255 255 0
  END
END
but the
By using above codes I have sent data from html code.But I could'n do with
PHPmapScript please help me
what I'm doing wrong...
Or are there any easy way with phpMapScript for do that. Thank you very much.
Murat

believed to be clean.