mogrify and GeoTiff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Sep 22 10:13:57 EDT 2006

Travis Kirstine wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to colour reduce some geotiffs using mogrify however when
> running the command all geo-reference header info is stripped.  Does anyone
> off hand know the command option to keep the coord info?

Travis,

You can use the listgeo utility to dump the geotiff tags to a text file
from the original file.  Then use geotifcp to "reapply" the geotiff tags.
I think this is covered in the GeoTIFF FAQ at:

   http://geotiff.maptools.org/faq.html#preserve_metadata

The FWTools suite includes the listgeo and geotifcp programs if
you don't already have them handy.

Best regards,