profile in mapserver

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Fri Sep 22 10:49:23 EDT 2006

Toni,

we did sth. like that, but we used mapserver only for visualisation, in
the backend we used postgis to geht the data and Jpgraph for drawing the
graph:

Look here fpr a demo:
http://maps.terrestris.de/mapbender22/frames/login.php?&gui_id=lithos&name=lithos&password=phere

Use the blue flag, klick into the map to set the startpoint, then check
the checkbox (Profil zeichen) and click again into the map
for setting the endpoint (it takes some time if the profile is over a
long distance: We didn't do anything in performance tuning in that demo ;-))

I could somehow help if it's that what you need,

Till

toni hernández schrieb:

> hi all,
>
> Can Mapserver create a  profile (z -coordenate) from a shape file?
> Is that possible?

*     www.webmapcenter.de - Hosting	*
*       GDIdevL 'Start GDI from CD'      		*
*         http://www.terrestris.de          	*

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de