Doubts about points in php mapscript

John Prof jonnyprof at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 26 06:40:09 EDT 2006

Hello, I'm trying to create a map using Mysql data. I've obtained one with
the points on the map, but I would like to have the name of each point. I'd
made the map adding a shape with the points in a layer, but I don't know how
to put a name in each point (column 'nom' of the query), there is no "name"
field or similar in the PointObj object.

function consultar($query) {

    @mysql_connect("localhost", "gis", "*****")
        or die("Could not connect to MySQL server!");

    @mysql_select_db("db")
        or die("Could not select database");

    $result = mysql_query($query);

    $i = 0;
    while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) )
    {
        $qresult[$i] = $row;
        $i++;
    }

    return $qresult;

}

function llegirTrampes ($finca, $parcela ) {

    global $mapa;
    $this_layer = $mapa->getLayerByName('Trampes');
    // Canviar x $finca i $parcela
    $qresult = consultar("SELECT nom, round(utmx,2) as utmx, round(utmy,2)
as utmy FROM trampa t where idfinca=$idfinca and idparcela=$idparcela");
    $shape = ms_newShapeObj(MS_SHAPE_POINT);
    foreach($qresult as $row) {
        $punt = ms_newPointObj();
        $linia =  ms_newLineObj();
        $punt->setXY($row[1],$row[2]);
        $linia->add($punt);
        $shape->add($linia);
    }
    $this_layer->addFeature( $shape );
    return;
}

I'd like to change the symbol of the point depending the feature... Some
ideas?
Thanks alot, I'm a little lost
(sorry for my english)