Encoding problem with curved labels

Volkan Ulukut vulukut at TESCILTURK.COM
Tue Sep 26 08:08:47 EDT 2006

Note that this is not just an encoding problem, other then the curved labels
all labels are correctly encoded, the problem is only with curved ones.
-----Original Message-----
From: Till Adams [mailto:adams at TERRESTRIS.DE]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 2:32 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Encoding problem with curved labels

Volkan,

might be you should use the "ENCODING" keyword for your label
-> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/label

Just an idea, I never worked with that on my own.

Till

Volkan Ulukut schrieb:

> Hi List,
>
> I've been struggling with curved label support of mapserver. First I
> thought i got it working correctly but then i realised some of the
> labels got encoding glitches on them. Specifically the ones that need
> to be curved and have special characters, as you can see on the
> attachment. I'm assuming this is a bug. Anyone else came across this
> one and solved? Since curved labels are new, i couldn't find anything
> about this bug with googling.

*     www.webmapcenter.de - Hosting	*
*       GDIdevL 'Start GDI from CD'      		*
*         http://www.terrestris.de          	*

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de