Font error

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Sep 26 10:33:53 EDT 2006

Murat,

In the Map block of your Map File, do you have a FONTSET line that contains the correct path to your fonts.list file.

In that file, is there an entry for 'arial'?

Is there a corresponding arial.ttf file for that entry?

Are the permissions correct for the directory in which the font.list and fonts are in?

If you are on a unix or linux system, do the cases of the characters in the names and paths of the fonts match?

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Murat BEYHAN
Sent: Tue 9/26/2006 7:42 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Font error

Hi frieds;
I would like to try the copyright text on my map by using following
LAYER
  NAME copyright
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE annotation
  TRANSFORM false
  FEATURE
    POINTS
      260 450 #this is the position of the text in image coordinates (pixels)
    END
    TEXT "© xyz company 2006" #this is your displaying text
  END
  CLASS
    LABEL #defines the font, colors etc. of the text
      FONT arial
      TYPE truetype
      SIZE 8
      BUFFER 1
      COLOR 255 0 0
      BACKGROUNDCOLOR 255 255 255
      FORCE TRUE
    END
  END
END

then I have got this error message. I was configured Mapserver with freetype
but Why I have faced this error and how can I solve.
Regards...

msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Requested font (arial) not found.

[murat at sakura ~]$ mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.8.4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=THREADS INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG
[murat at sakura ~]$

Murat

believed to be clean.