Encoding problem with curved labels

Tue Sep 26 12:02:12 EDT 2006

Volkan Ulukut wrote:

> I’ve been struggling with curved label support of mapserver. First I
> thought i got it working correctly but then i realised some of the
> labels got encoding glitches on them. Specifically the ones that need to
> be curved and have special characters, as you can see on the attachment.
> I’m assuming this is a bug. Anyone else came across this one and solved?
> Since curved labels are new, i couldn’t find anything about this bug
> with googling.

I didn't check in details but I suspect the curved labelling code
doesn't take into account the possibility of multibyte characters and it
ends up splitting pairs of bytes corresponding to multibyte chars into
two label components.

I'd suggest that you file a bug with a small test case to reproduce
(mapfile, small dataset and font file). Then one of the developers can
look at it and fix the labelling code to handle that case properly.

Daniel