OGR ODBC spatial query has invalid resultset

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Sep 26 13:59:22 EDT 2006

Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:
> Thank u ! I 'll try with this !
>
> I have another problem. My table is a VIEW and It seems that OGR SQL doesn't connect to
> VIEWS but only connects to Tables
>
> Is it true ?

Fabio,

I believe that views will not by default be treated as layers.  But the
ODBC connection strings for OGR include an option for a comma delimited
list of "tables" at the end and I think this can include a named view
which will then be treated as a layer within OGR.

I apologize for this all being a bit hacky, and my memory weak.  It seems
like the ODBC driver could be a full time occupation it gets used in so
many ways by different people.  But I don't use it myself very often so it
hard for me to keep track of all the details.

Best regards,