OGR ODBC spatial query has invalid resultset

Fabio D'Ovidio dovidio at PLANETEK.IT
Wed Sep 27 04:15:19 EDT 2006

Frank Thank you very much for help !

I need a reference about documentation to find the option that you sad me to consider Views
as Tables.

I have found the same problem here (but for MySQL DBMS) :

http://www.nabble.com/-UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS--OGR-with-SELECT-%2B-INNER-
JOIN--using--MS-SQL-views---p1259454.html

But there is no described  solution .

Could you say me a link about reference ?

On 26 Sep 2006 at 13:59, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Fabio D'Ovidio wrote:
> > Thank u ! I 'll try with this !
> >
> > I have another problem. My table is a VIEW and It seems that OGR SQL doesn't connect to
> > VIEWS but only connects to Tables
> >
> > Is it true ?
>
> Fabio,
>
> I believe that views will not by default be treated as layers.  But the
> ODBC connection strings for OGR include an option for a comma delimited
> list of "tables" at the end and I think this can include a named view
> which will then be treated as a layer within OGR.
>
> I apologize for this all being a bit hacky, and my memory weak.  It seems
> like the ODBC driver could be a full time occupation it gets used in so
> many ways by different people.  But I don't use it myself very often so it
> hard for me to keep track of all the details.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo, http://osgeo.org

 Ing. Fabio D'Ovidio