reference map problem

theresia freska frezzz_54 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 2 00:03:53 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have a question about reference map. I've searched the archive and found one from Ian Tidy. It works well, but I'd like to have the box smaller. I tried to change the divisor value to a bigger value, so that the box hopefully will get smaller.

  $mapext_x = ($map->extent->maxx - $map->extent->minx) / 2;
  $mapext_y = ($map->extent->maxy - $map->extent->miny) / 2;

And it kinds of strange because it is only smaller when I click on the four corner of  my reference map. When I click on the middle left/right/up/bottom, it gets bigger as if I don't change the divisor value. What I want to have is actually a box that can adapt, smaller or bigger, to the zoom state.

Plus, another question. I have set my main map and reference map in the same extent coordinates and units. I've checked the right coordinates using ogrinfo. I also make sure that both width and height are equal. But the box is missing one side at the bottom. Well, i can handle it by changing the reference map extent. I'd like to have some explanations on this. Maybe i miss a point or two.

Thank you.