Apache and Oracle Integration Problem.

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Tue Apr 10 03:01:24 EDT 2007

Joydip,

we also had strange configuration problems getting oracle (locator) run
with umn (and later on especially with php).

I put a kind of HowTo on the umn webpage, find it here:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/Configure%20Oracle%20and%20UMN

I hope that helps - more experiences and comments are welcome!

Till

> Hi folks,
>    I already had some problems between Oracle and Apache. 99% of then
> was with environments and permissions.
>    The first thing to check is if the folder (/lib) inside the Oracle
> Home have the "read" permission, for all groups. Remember that the
> Apache use a special user and group to create the threads and the
> services.
>    Another thing is with the SELinux, check if in your SO is enable
> this option. You can disable it or change the rules to Apache.
>    The enviroments is another part, you can define it inside the
> httpd.conf (this option will work for Mapscript). If you want to
> define it for CGI, the best way is to define inside the service that
> start the Apache (usually in /etc/init.d/...), another way is do the
> export's for all user.
>    Remember to export the ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_SID.
>    Best regards.

> Fernando Simon
> UMN Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
>

> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>
>> joydip at ETRANSINFO.COM wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Stephen,
>>>
>>> I tried the shell script and also setting the environment on
>>> htppd.conf file.  The problem of 5oo internal error persists. The
>>> apache logfile reports error while loading shared libraries:
>>> libclntsh.so.10.1
>>>
>>> My project is stuck. Can you please elaborate on the solution.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Joydip Shome
>>

>> Joydip,
>>
>> Please make sure you respond to the list so other can help and benefit.
>>
>> I think you need to post more specific details of what your script
>> looks like and what is the exact error message you are getting. Since
>> this solution works for me, I'm not sure I can guess what might be
>> wrong on your system, so some more details would be helpful.
>>
>> -Steve

     SensorGIS 'Geodaten in Echtzeit'
        http://www.sensorgis.de
         http://www.terrestris.de

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de