postgis layer query

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Wed Apr 11 20:45:49 EDT 2007

Hi Christina,

Have you checked the tolerance and toleranceunits of the layer? For
example, if you set tolerance to 4, and your units are degrees (rather
than pixels), it would apply about 400km, which would be a lot. Then it
may end up returning everything in your map. So maybe set toleranceunits
to pixels, and the amount to something sensible, and try again.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Christina
	Sent: 11 April 2007 22:06
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] postgis layer query

	Hallo all,

	I am trying to do a query an Postgis Layer.

	In my Postgis Layer there is a tablespace with more than 1000
rows. Every row is a line on my map.
	When I click on a line, I get all the lines in the tablespace
queried.
	Is it possible, to get only the line queried where I clicked on,
and not the whole tablespace?

	I am using Mapscript.

	I hope, somebody can help me!

	Thanks in advance.

	Best regards!

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the named recipient and are confidential. The copying or distribution of them or any information they contain by anyone other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies from your computer system and destroy all hard copies. It is the recipient's responsibility to check this email and any attachments to this email for viruses before use.