google earth images

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Apr 13 13:11:34 EDT 2007

> I´d like to add a layer with a google earth image on my map. Does anybody
> know if it is possible? any examples?

This question comes up about once a month, yeah? :)

There's no way to use Google Maps layers directly in Mapserver; it's a
violation of Google's usage policy, and they've shot down attempts to do
it in the past.

However, you can do the opposite, and overlay WMS data onto a Google Map
-- so you get the cool slippy maps but with your own photos. And you can
try something like OpenLayers, which has support for both Google Maps and
for WMS (e.g. from Mapserver) data sources.

-Gregor