Tile image with polygons got vertical line at the edge

Ei Fujioka efujioka at DUKE.EDU
Tue Apr 17 10:49:03 EDT 2007

Hello experts,

I have a weird problem that Mapserver images get one pixel wide vertical
lines when they contain shapefiles that extend beyond the images
(shapefiles are cut at the edge of the images).

I'm developing a Google Maps application in which Mapserver layers are
overlaid. As Google Map requests tiles of the map image, Mapserver sends
them back. This usually works excellent. But when a tile has a shapefile
extending beyond it, the tile got a kind of border line visible.

Please see the screen shot. You'll see two vertical lines 256-pixel
apart (which is the tile size).
http://seamap.env.duke.edu:8888/dev/cache/misc/tile_edge_lines.jpg

I tried PNG and GIF with the same results. This should have nothing to
do with Google Maps because I still see the line when pulling the tile
image directly onto the browser.
Polygons are added to the map with PHP/Mapscript. Transparency, fill
color and outline color are set.
   $layer->set('transparency',"30");
   $poStyle = ms_newStyleObj($class_tmp);
   $poStyle->outlinecolor->setRGB(255,0,0);
   $poStyle->color->setRGB(200, 100, 0);

Any workaround?

MapServer version 4.2.2 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks,

Ei

--
   Ei Fujioka