MS4W: Queries on classified rasters

Marco Cerruti cerruti.marco at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 20 04:37:49 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I'm a new user of Mapserver. I'm working with MS4W (version 2.2.3) via CGI
and I'm having troubles with queries on classified rasters. Queries on
non-classified rasters work fine, while in cases of classified ones (already
tried several formats: img, bil, tif, png) I get the following error:

msDrawShape(): General error message. Unknown layer type.

If I comment CLASS definitions the same query shows me correct results (one
or more pixels queried, according to the set tolerance, but of course no
information on [class] value).

I post an extract of my mapfile, with the definition of the raster layer and
one of its classes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with class template (and
layer header/footer ...).

Hoping to receive a little help ... and sorry for my English!

Marco (Italy)

--- --- --- --- ---

LAYER # Classificazione vegetazione 2000

NAME class_2000

DATA "2000/final_after_merging.bil"

STATUS OFF

TYPE RASTER

OFFSITE 0 0 0

GROUP "Uso e copertura del suolo"

TOLERANCE 0

TOLERANCEUNITS pixels

PROJECTION

"init=epsg:4326"

END

METADATA

TITOLO "Classificazione vegetazione da satellite - Anno 2000"

ORDINE "0044"

END

HEADER "class2000_header.html"

FOOTER "class2000_footer.html"

CLASSITEM "[pixel]"

CLASS

NAME "Latifoglie (pure o dominanti)"

EXPRESSION ([pixel] = 2)

STYLE

COLOR 0 255 0

END

TEMPLATE "class_query.html"

END

END # Fine raster classificazione vegetazione 2000