VB.NET and MapServer

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 23 05:05:00 EDT 2007

You can use the mapscript C# interface for this purpose. (We should
possibly rename it to mapscript.NET to express the welcome to the
users of the other .NET compatible languages). The ms4w installer
contains the required binaries. You might add a reference to the
mapscript_csharp.dll in order to use the class library provided by
this interface. The primary documentation of the class library can be
found at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapscript

For some additional information related to the C# interface take a look at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/mapscriptcscompile

Some c# examples can be found at the mapscript/csharp/examples
directory in the mapserver source tree.

I recall that some of the folks are using VB.NET to implement their
application I can look after the email addresses if you would like to
contact them directly.

Best regards,

Tamas