Feature Query using buffered points?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Tue Apr 24 13:04:17 EDT 2007

I am trying to select a point feature by attribute and then use that
feature to find other point features located within a 1000 meter radius
of the selected point.  To do this, I am using itemfeaturequery mode and
seting a tolerance on the layer.

I am guessing that MapServer just answered my question, but is this
possible?  The error message seems to indicate that only polys can be
used for feature selection.  Version is 4.10.1

msQueryByFeatures(): Query error. Selection features MUST be polygons.

Thanks,

David.