msResampleGDALToMap<>: no overlap ... no result

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Apr 24 15:13:45 EDT 2007

Rafael Szajbel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to create a map with just one raster image (8bits tiff) using
> shp2img (from FWTools 1.2.2) and get this error message:
>
> msDrawRasterLayerLow<Orthophotos>: entering.
> GDAL: GDALOpen<path to the image> succeeds as GTiff.
> msResampleGDALToMap<>: no overlap ... no result.
> GDAL: GDALClose<path to the image>
>
> Here is my layer definition :
>
> LAYER
>     NAME "Orthophotos"
>     STATUS ON
>     DATA "../raster/luftbilder/0339205466_dop5__c_025_m2.tif"
>     TYPE RASTER
>     DEBUG ON
> END
>
> Hope somebody can help!

Rafael,

The message means essentially what it says.  As far as the software
can tell there is no overlap between the map region requested, and the
region covered by the TIFF file.  I would encourage you to review the
extents you requested, the extents reported by gdalinfo for the file,
and the coordinate system information on the map (or in the request) and
for the layer.

Best regards,