GetCapabilities request results in download mapserv.exe

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Wed Apr 25 14:59:35 EDT 2007

Yes, OGC:WMS 1.3.0  returns to more browser friendly defaults.  However application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml is listed as the MIME type to declare for WMS Capabilities XML.

w.r.t. Exceptions, see section 6.7:

"Service Exception Report XML shall be valid according to the Service Exception DTD in Annex A.3. In an HTTP environment, the MIME type of the returned XML shall be "application/vnd.ogc.se_xml". Individual error messages appear as <ServiceException> elements within the <ServiceExceptionReport>. The messages can be formatted either as chunks of plain text or, if included in a character data (CDATA) section, as XML-like text containing angle brackets ("<" and ">"), as shown in the example Service Exception Report in Annex A.4."

..Tom