Some questions abut MapServer features

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 1 08:28:57 EDT 2007

On 8/1/07, s r <srph124 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> i'm new to mapserver. i've read tutorials and set up a sample webGIS. now i
> have some question. (I just know  abit javascript)
> 1.About multi select, can client select multiple features (for example,by
> clicking and dragging to draw a selection window or by holding Ctrl and
> clickingor else)? How?
Yes
> 2. About query results, Is there any way to show the results in another
> page(i mean opening new page) to client?
Yes

The answer to both questions depends on the client that you are
running. The client is the JavaScript that runs in the browser.
Picking a client that is appropriate to your needs is important (and
sometimes hard).

In order to select multiple features, you will need to use 'classic'
MapServer, not WMS, as WMS does not support multiple feature selection
(someone correct me if I am wrong). One client that does support
multiple feature selection and 'classic' MapServer is dBox.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com