MapServer 5.0.0 release plan ... and release of beta1

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Wed Aug 1 13:56:31 EDT 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Thanks. I have added a link to your site under the beta download
> page http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta
>
> If you have a better permanent URL that would point directly to
> your most recent MapServer 5.0 build then please send it along and
> I'll update the link on the site.
>
> Daniel

My MapServer page would be more direct than the main page, this will
always have the latest builds (4 & 5):

http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/unixport/mapserver

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> OSX binaries ready on my site.  I'll try to keep up to date on the
>> betas.
>> For now I did only the framework build (aka dynamic libraries).
>> If problems are found that are definitely caused by this and I
>> can't fix them, I'll make the normal static lib build.
>> I don't have much time for run tests, but I'll see if I can tackle
>> what's on the checklist over the coming weeks.  I wanted to at
>> least add a couple Mac notes to the checklist, even after logging
>> in I didn't see an edit link for the page.  lack of permissions?
>> OSX notes:
>> SDE - not available for OSX (or maybe note which platforms it is
>> only available for)
>> OCI - only available for PPC OSX

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.