unsubscribe

James Condliffe james.condliffe at THEMAJESTIC.CO.UK
Fri Aug 3 09:36:51 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of MAPSERVER-USERS automatic digest system
Sent: 03 August 2007 06:05
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 1 Aug 2007 to 2 Aug 2007 (#2007-210)

Topics of the day:

  1. What happend to OGR OVF layers since gdal 1.3.1
  2. Adding XY tables in MapServer (2)
  3. postGIS wfs layer won't work
  4. mapscript layer.setFilter()
  5. PHP/MapScript on Debian and Ubuntu (2)

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:37:56 +0200
From:    Huub Fleuren <hfl at HOME.NL>
Subject: Re: What happend to OGR OVF layers since gdal 1.3.1

Thanks Frank for your answer:

table > &#39;q_getBBoxAbonnement_1&#39;, layer not usable Frank wrote:
 >This indicates that OGR tried to initialize access to a table called
q_getBBoxAbonnement_l but it could not find any understandable field
definitions.

You suggested to specify the geo-table like:
<SrcDataSource>ODBC:admin/admin at anwb,wwall</SrcDataSource>
but that did did not work

The query q_getBBoxAbonnement_l  existed in the database, by the unlying
table didn't exist anymore, much like you were guessing.
The query is not used in any way though. Obviously the process of
accessing ODBC:admin/admin at anwb now evaluates all the tables and views
listed in the database.

Deleting the obsolete object was the solution in this case. It has
helped to keep the database cleaner:-) I'm happy now with the upgrade to
mapserver 4.10.2 and gdal 1.4.2

Regards, Huub

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:44:20 -0500
From:    Lawrence Hartpence <hartpence_gis at CO.JASPER.IA.US>
Subject: Adding XY tables in MapServer

Hello,

I know this has been discussed before, but I need more specifics.

I have an Access table with XY values.  I need to bring this into
MapServ= er.
 I understand that I would an OGR connection.  I saw examples of
connecti= ng via OGR with different file types, but I need an example
using ODBC conne= ction.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Lawrence Hartpence

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:23:01 -0400
From:    Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at POBOX.COM>
Subject: Re: Adding XY tables in MapServer

Lawrence Hartpence wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this has been discussed before, but I need more specifics.
>
> I have an Access table with XY values.  I need to bring this into
MapServer.
>  I understand that I would an OGR connection.  I saw examples of
> connecting via OGR with different file types, but I need an example
using ODBC connection.

> If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Lawrence,

I think you want to read over:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/vector_data/VirtualSpatialDa
ta

This should really be referenced from the

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogr_howto

document too!  I knew the material existed but I it took me a while to
find it.

Best regards
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | President OSGeo,
http://osgeo.org

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:21:34 +0200
From:    Milo van der Linden <mlinden at ZEELANDNET.NL>
Subject: postGIS wfs layer won't work

--------------080300030901090506030508

Hello list,

(cross posted to mapserver-users and postgis-users)

I have a postGIS table that contains cities. I am trying to get this
running through mapserver WFS.

Mapserver WFS doesn't generate errors, but returns no data at all.

A postgres getsrid tells me the srid is 4326, which is also in my
geometry_columns qGIS shows the postGIS table direct from the database
without problems.

http://82.176.214.209/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/mappingworlds/s
ervice/wfs.map&service=WFS&REQUEST=getfeature&typename=worldcities_x&ver
sion=1.0.0

What am I doing wrong?
--

Milo van der Linden
mlinden at zeelandnet.nl <mailto:mlinden at zeelandnet.nl>

De informatie in dit bericht reflecteerd mijn persoonlijke mening en
niet die van een bedrijf of instantie. Aan de informatie kunnen geen
rechten worden ontleend. Indien dit bericht onderdeel is van een forum,
mailing-list of community dan gelden automatisch de bijbehorende
voorwaarden.

--------------080300030901090506030508

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html>
face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">Hello list,<br> <br> (cross posted
to mapserver-users and postgis-users)<br> <br> I have a postGIS table
that contains cities. I am trying to get this running through mapserver
WFS.<br> <br> Mapserver WFS doesn't generate errors, but returns no data
at all.<br> <br> A postgres getsrid tells me the srid is 4326, which is
also in my geometry_columns<br> qGIS shows the postGIS table direct from
the database without problems.<br> <br> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://82.176.214.209/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/mappingwo
rlds/service/wfs.map&service=WFS&REQUEST=getfeature&typename=worldcities
_x&version=1.0.0">http://82.176.214.209/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/ap
ps/mappingworlds/service/wfs.map&amp;service=WFS&amp;REQUEST=getfeature&
amp;typename=worldcities_x&amp;version=1.0.0</a><br>
What am I doing wrong?<br>
<title>3DSite</title>
type="text/css">
<!--
body {
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
	margin-left: 5px;
	margin-top: 5px;
	margin-right: 5px;
	margin-bottom: 5px;
}
body,td,th {
	font-size: 12px;
	color: #333333;
}
.style4 {font-size: 9px; }
.style5 {font-size: 9px; color: #CCCCCC; }
-->
border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="400">
  <tbody>
width="15"><br>
      <a
href="mailto:mlinden at zeelandnet.nl">mlinden at zeelandnet.nl</a><br>
      <a
href="mailto:milovanderlinden at gmail.com">milovanderlinden at gmail.com</a><
br>
width="15">&nbsp;</td>
reflecteerd mijn persoonlijke mening en niet die van een bedrijf of
instantie. Aan de informatie kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
Indien dit bericht onderdeel is van een forum, mailing-list of community
dan gelden automatisch de bijbehorende voorwaarden.</span></p>
  </tbody>

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:33:48 -0500
From:    David Niergarth <dn at HDDESIGN.COM>
Subject: mapscript layer.setFilter()

Hello,

I have a Python mapscript layer that works fine under mapserver 4.8.3
(Ubuntu Edgy w/ postgresql 8.1) but fails under mapserver 4.10.0 (Ubuntu
Feisty w/ postgresql 8.2). The problem happens when trying to set a
filter on a layer.

   layer_obj.data = "the_geom from tbl_people_points"
   layer_obj.setFilter(
       "idpeople in (select idpeople from tbl_request_%s) and quality=0"
       % idrequest
   )

Under 4.8.3, the subquery in the filter works just fine. Under 4.10.0,
however,
  the filter string is ending up truncated as 'idpeople in '.

Here's are a couple simple filters that still work under 4.10:

     layer_obj.setFilter("idpeople = 10")
     layer_obj.setFilter("idpeople = 10 or idpeople = 4")

And here are a couple simple queries that get truncated under 4.10:

     layer_obj.setFilter("idpeople <= 10")
       # For this query, layer.getFilterString() returns 'idpeople '.

     layer_obj.setFilter("idpeople = 10 or (idpeople = 10)")
       # For this query, layer.getFilterString() returns 'idpeople = 10
or ')

All the queries above work under 4.8. The truncation in 4.10 leads to an
obvious SQL syntax error, which is the error I'm seeing reported by
Python mapscript. Oddly, I'm not seeing these queries show up in my
postgres log -- but maybe that's a log-level thing.

Does anyone know what might have changed between 4.8 and 4.10? Or is
this perhaps a bug in 4.10?

Thanks for any ideas,

--David

# Add people_points layer.
layer_obj = mapscript.layerObj(map_obj)
layer_obj.connectiontype = mapscript.MS_POSTGIS layer_obj.name =
'people_points'
layer_obj.connection = "user=pgsql host=%s dbname=%s port=%s" % (
     host, dbname, port)

layer_obj.data = "the_geom from tbl_people_points"
layer_obj.setFilter(
     "idpeople in (select idpeople from tbl_request_%s) and quality=0"
     % idrequest
)

layer_obj.status = mapscript.MS_ON
layer_obj.type = mapscript.MS_LAYER_POINT layer_obj.transparency = 50 c
= mapscript.classObj(layer_obj) c.name = 'Members'
s = mapscript.styleObj(c)
s.color = mapscript.colorObj(255, 0, 0)
s.outlinecolor = mapscript.colorObj(255, 0, 0) s.symbol =
map_obj.symbolset.index('circle') s.size = 8

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 17:09:03 -0500
From:    Steven Monai <stevem at SPATIALMAPPING.COM>
Subject: PHP/MapScript on Debian and Ubuntu

Hello, all (but especially the PHP/MapScript devs):

Before I go to the trouble of trying to contact the Debian package
maintainers, I'm posting my question here first, just in case someone in
= the Mapserver community has any information.=20

Everything I've seen on this list over the past few years has indicated
t= hat the best way to run PHP/MapScript is in CGI mode. Yet the Debian
package maintainers seem to be under the impression that PHP/MapScript
is most stable running in an Apache2 DSO, even going so far as to patch
PHP/MapScript so that it refuses to run in a CGI (or even a CLI)
environment. Does anyone have any idea why Debian's 'php5-mapscript'
pack= age maintainers have done this? Do they know something that I/we
don't? Is PHP/MapScript not stable in PHP5 when run as CGI/CLI?

I really would like to be able to run ka-map's 'precache2.php' script
fro= m the command line in Debian (or Ubuntu) without having to compile
my own php_mapscript.so.

Regards,
-SM
--

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:09:31 -0400
From:    Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at SWOODBRIDGE.COM>
Subject: Re: PHP/MapScript on Debian and Ubuntu

Steven Monai wrote:
> Hello, all (but especially the PHP/MapScript devs):
>
> Before I go to the trouble of trying to contact the Debian package
> maintainers, I'm posting my question here first, just in case someone
> in the Mapserver community has any information.
>
> Everything I've seen on this list over the past few years has
> indicated that the best way to run PHP/MapScript is in CGI mode. Yet
> the Debian package maintainers seem to be under the impression that
> PHP/MapScript is most stable running in an Apache2 DSO, even going so
> far as to patch PHP/MapScript so that it refuses to run in a CGI (or
> even a CLI) environment. Does anyone have any idea why Debian's
> 'php5-mapscript' package maintainers have done this? Do they know
> something that I/we don't? Is PHP/MapScript not stable in PHP5 when
run as CGI/CLI?

> I really would like to be able to run ka-map's 'precache2.php' script
> from the command line in Debian (or Ubuntu) without having to compile
> my own php_mapscript.so.
>
> Regards,
> -SM
> --

I can not help you much with the Debian question, but I do know that
precache2.php has a memory leak on 4.10. As can bee seen here:

16754 swoodbri  25   0 4707m 4.5g 6604 R   99 57.5  10945:39 php
26651 swoodbri  25   0  601m 483m 6540 R   98  6.1   3444:00 php

These two processes started out around 91M or less. I estimate that they
are leaking in the ball park of about 6M per metatile.

I have not had a chance to try and run this under the current trunk. If
I do get a chance to build and test that I will run it under valgrind
and file a ticket on it in needed.

This is running on Suse and is running from the CLI on PHP5.

I have already discussed this with Daniel off list.

-Steve W

End of MAPSERVER-USERS Digest - 1 Aug 2007 to 2 Aug 2007 (#2007-210)