error compile mapserver

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Sat Aug 4 06:53:52 EDT 2007

Bayu Kurniawan R wrote:
> error compiling mapserver-4.10.2

> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/local/lib/php/ext/php_mapscript.so' - libiconv.so.2: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory in
> /media/hda6/htdocs/mapscript.php on line 2

I take it from your meessage that this isn't a problem with compiling
Mapserver, but of PHP/Mapscript being loaded at runtime.

As it says: The library libiconv could not be found. Either it isn't
installed, or else you need to re-run "ldconfig" to update your linker.

Try this:
locate libiconv.so.2   # that tells you whether it exists
ldconfig -p | grep iconv  # that tells whether the linker is finding it
ldconfig     # that will cause the linker to check for new libraries

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA