MapServer Performance Tips

Timothy J Nolte tnolte at ILPCS.COM
Tue Aug 7 13:16:02 EDT 2007

Greg,

Yeah, I actually have looked over those documents and tried to make sure
that I'm doing as much of that as possible. I was just wondering if people
had anything more. One specific issue I'm concerned with is that I have
about 75+ shapefiles that I've brought together as one layer using a tile
index. Also, I'm needing to break up the combined layer into 5 layers using
expressions. The size of each shapefile is between a few MB and up around
100MB. I'm not sure if having those as shapefiles is best and what else I
should do to improve those