Debug Source Code

David Stajan dls at INFORMGIS.COM
Tue Aug 7 15:02:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

I was hoping somebody might be able to explain to me how to walk through
the mapserver source code!  I have been compiling mapserver on a windows
machine with visual studio command prompt, and everything has been going
well.  I have ran into a couple of kinks and I think if I could walk through the
code with break points I could come up with some solutions.

But how do you do this with Mapserver?  I've compiled it with the MSVCRT
debug mode but it doesn't create pdb file for mapserver executable.  It does
create a vc70.pdb file but I'm not sure if that can be used, or how it's used.

Any help or tips on how to debug the source code would be greatly appreciated