The Symbology Exchange?

siva volunteer at SPATIALLINK.ORG
Wed Aug 8 11:55:49 EDT 2007

http://openclipart.org/
http://tango.freedesktop.org/
sincerely
siva

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] The Symbology Exchange?
From: Gregor Mosheh <gregor at HOSTGIS.COM>
Date: Wed, August 08, 2007 11:32 am
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU

Hey, guys.

I've been considering whether it'd be useful to have a "symbology
exchange" so we can share symbols. So far all that exists is the
documentation explaining that one can use multiple styles to make
complex symbols, but a recipe is worth a dozen howtos.

I figure this could be as easy as a new howto page, and folks comment
with their own additions.

I, for example, have a nice set of two-color squares, stars, diamonds,
and the like at 6 sizes. It took some experimenting to figure that these

sizes were the only ones that look good for each shape. I also have a
nice Google-style set for TIGER data or other streets, and a decent set
of polygon fills. And I suspect that other folks have done some neat
vector symbols, or know where to download a set of 100 carto icons, etc.

Would this be an interesting and useful page? Does it already exist
elsewhere?

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting

 only if you can restore." - AMANDA