image pyramid viewing software

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Aug 9 20:11:50 EDT 2007

Greg -

You create a map file with one LAYER for each resolution, all members of
one GROUP with the same name, and each layer having a MINSCALE and
MAXSCALE setting so only one layer of the group at a time is displayed.
If you're not familiar with those capitalized keywords you should do
some reading on them - you can also find other discussions in the
archives on this topic by searching on those keywords.

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
Demand Media / TopoZone.com
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: 978-251-4242, Fax: 978-251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Greg Coats
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:35 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] image pyramid viewing software

For 100 large metropolitan areas, I have created separate reduced-
resolution GeoTIFF images at 120, 60, 30, 15, 7.5, 3.75, and 1.875
meters resolution.  I want to be able to zoom in, zoom out, and pan
through this imagery, and have MapServer display's at any given time
be from the GeoTIFF that is most appropriate, based on the current
zoom.  How can this be done with MapServer?
Greg