AGG Rendering with mapserver 5.0

Steve Smith ssteve52 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 10 20:47:02 EDT 2007

I am attempting to use AGG with mapserver-5.0.0-beta3. I am using the following OUTPUTFORMAT statement in my .map file:

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME 'AGG_PNG'
  DRIVER AGG/PNG
  IMAGEMODE RGB
END

Is this correct?  The graphics do not look like AGG. Are there other statements in the .map file that could result in the use of GD graphics? I followed the explanations in:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/agg-rendering-specifics

but, still no success. Configuring and compiling mapserver was successful. No errors occurred. I initially had a problem configuring with AGG, using libraries in /usr producing the following error message:

checking if AGG support requested... configure: error: "could not find agg_rendering_buffer.h or libagg.a in /usr."

I think this error was a result of my machine being 64 bit, which the current beta versions does not recognize. Things worked after I changed the directory to an AGG installation in /usr/local/agg.

Steve