Compiling MapServer 4.10.2 - Can't find GD components

Bill Thoen bthoen at GISNET.COM
Sat Aug 11 11:22:05 EDT 2007

I'm building a new install of MapServer from source, and though I had no
trouble the last time I tried this on a different Linux machine, I've
encountered a new wrinkle this time. The configure script looks like this:

./configure \
  --with-proj=/usr/local/ \
  --with-geos=/usr/local/bin/geos-config \
  --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
  --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config \
  --with-postgis=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config \
  --with-wfs \
  --with-wcs \
  --with-wmsclient \
  --with-wfsclient \
  --with-curl-config=/usr/bin/curl-config \
  --with-php=../php-5.1.6/

But I'm getting the following error during the configure step:

"configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in /usr/local.
Make sure GD 2.0.16 or higher is compiled before calling configure. You may
also get this error if you didn't specify the appropriate location for one
of GD's dependencies (freetype, libpng, libjpeg or libiconv)."

Yum reports that gd 2.0.33 is installed.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

TIA,
- Bill Thoen