Labels not wrapping in AGG (in v5.0 beta 3) with WRAP in LABEL definition

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Fri Aug 17 15:36:24 EDT 2007

To v5.0 beta testers/coders,

My labels are not wrapping when I use
    DRIVER AGG/PNG

in my OUTPUTFORMAT definition, and a label definition of:

      LABEL
        FONT "arial"
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        #POSITION CC
        WRAP ' '
        SIZE 12
        BUFFER 1
        COLOR 0 0 0
        #OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
        ANGLE 0
        PARTIALS FALSE
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        #MINDISTANCE 250
        #MINFEATURESIZE 10
      END

Instead of wrapping, I get two box symbols where the wrap
character was.  So "Loon Lake" is rendered as "Loon##Lake"
instead of
Loon
Lake

And they DO wrap when the traditional GD renderer is used,
so I suspect it's related to rendering CR/LF in AGG.

Has a bug been filed to cover this (I did a quick scan of
the tickets but found nothing)?  If not, I'll be happy to
file one if required.

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta