Error on Itemnquery with PostGIS-layer

HarryS mapcollect at GMX.NET
Tue Aug 21 05:42:54 EDT 2007

doing this query:

http://myServer.com/cgi-bin/mapserv?&map=/home/harry/Mapfiles/MyMap.map&mode=itemnquery&qlayer=City-Database&qitem=NAME&qstring='London'

produces this Error:

prepare_database(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS DECLARE (the actual
query) statement: 'DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
NAME::text,asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),gid::text
from name WHERE (London) and (the_geom && setSRID( 'BOX3D(-180 -90,180
90)'::BOX3D,find_srid('','name','the_geom') ))'

Postgresql reports the error as 'FEHLER: Spalte »london« existiert nicht '
(Translation: ERROR: Column »london« does not exist)

More Help:

Error with POSTGIS data variable. You specified '<check your .map file>'.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column name>
using SRID=<srid#>'

Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
clauses in.

For more help, please see http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/

Mappostgis.c - version of Jan 23/2004.

If I do the same query on the same layer but using a shapefile instead of
PostGIS for identical data the query works fine without any errors. Can
someone point me to my mistake, please ?

Harry Schmidt