first time mapserver install, error on empty query

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Sun Aug 26 19:47:45 EDT 2007

Tara Athan wrote:
> I found libgdal.so.1 in /home/alttwois/local/lib
> On running ./mapserver -v, I get the same error message as before

> /home/alttwois/public_html/cgi-bin/mapserv.real: error while loading
> shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory

Well that's bizarre. How about this?

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/alttwois/local/lib"
/home/alttwois/public_html/cgi-bin/mapserv.real -v

That's all one line. That sets the linker path on the command line, then
runs the command.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA