hosted website installation

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Wed Aug 29 01:50:16 EDT 2007

> So basically they are saying it must be either gdal's fault or
> MapServer's fault that mapserver cannot access the gdal library from an
> alternate location.
> Anyone care to weigh in on this?

Yeah: GDAL and Mapserver can work just fine under these circumstances,
if we figure out what's wrong.

Did you ever try running that wrapper, or the command line specifying a
LD_LIBRARY_PATH as I had suggested? That should have done it, assuming
that GDAL/OGR built and installed properly.

> I guess I am giving up on the installation of Mapserver on the hosted
> website and will have to get some help from a GIS hosting service (or
> set up my own web server).

If you go this route, feel free to contact me. I hate shilling on the
mailing list, but our primary business *is* geo-savvy web-hosting.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA