[work] Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] hosted website installation

Tara Athan tara_athan at ALT2IS.COM
Wed Aug 29 10:30:51 EDT 2007

I did try running the wrapper as follows:
  #!/bin/sh
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/alttwois/local/lib"
/home/alttwois/public_html/cgi-bin/mapserv.real -v

I can't verify that gdal was built and installed properly because I am
not experienced with this and I could have done something wrong.
However I do find libgdal.so.1 in the folder /home/alttwois/local/lib -
is that a guarantee that it was installed correctly?
In particular, the ls command shows these files

alttwois at alt2is.com [~]# cd local/lib
alttwois at alt2is.com [~/local/lib]# ls
./   libgd.a    libgd.so@    libgd.so.2.0.0*  libgdal.la*  libgdal.so.1@
../  libgd.la*  libgd.so.2@  libgdal.a        libgdal.so@
libgdal.so.1.11.2*

Note I also installed libgd. I was concerned at first that the mapserver
error didn't list libgd as a problem, but then I discovered that
bluehost has libgd installed, so apparently mapserver is using the
library in the standard location.
However, I did discover this:
gdlib-config --version
2.0.28
But the website
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/compiling_on_unix/#minimum-libgd-versions
says that mapserver requires at least 2.0.29
So in order to run mapserver properly I would also need to convince it
to use gd from my home directory as that is the more recent version.

Tara

--
My e-mail delivery has been unreliable lately, so I am asking for
return receipts from all my email messages.

Tara Athan
Principal, Alternatives to Invasive Species
tara_athan at alt2is.com
707-485-1198
PO Box 415
Redwood Valley, CA 95470