Offset a line?

Pete Deffendol pete at MDSC.COM
Wed Aug 29 17:07:48 EDT 2007

Pete Deffendol wrote:
> I'm trying to draw a line layer such that it is offset some amount of
> pixels from its actual location.  The intent is to draw a dashed line
> next to (not atop) a road.  From the documentation, it appears that
> using OFFSET in the STYLE block will work, but it's not having any
> affect on the output.  Here's the relevant section of my mapfile:

Let me be more specific.  I'm using AGG rendering as well.  If I turn it
off, then the offset appears to work, although it's really ugly and
doesn't look the way I want.  (The offset line doesn't just look like a
mirror of the original line that has been shifted over - it has a few
"anomalies" that shift a different direction.)

So - any other ideas on how I can achieve what I want? (see above quoted
message.)

Pete

--
Pete Deffendol