adding support for user authentication within Mapserver for GetCapablities and GetMap

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Fri Aug 31 17:08:43 EDT 2007

No, Tom. This is bad practice. An anti-pattern. Best practice is to use
your web server's authentication and authorization systems. They are
developed by people who have multi-million dollar businesses on the
line, are well tested, and performant.

Sean