Querying and displaying tab files through php-mapscript

Volkan Ulukut arthan at DSL.TTNET.NET.TR
Mon Dec 3 07:06:29 EST 2007

Just a quick correction, I'm using tab files not sid files. Sorry for the
mistake. I'm still looking for a solution.
-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Volkan Ulukut
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:04 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Querying and displaying tab files through
php-mapscript

Hey list,
I've been working on a street map and when I begun to add a search function
for it I bumped into the question how I could get the City-District-Street
relation from tab file and show it to user so the user can choose where he
wants to find step by step.
Suppose I got a tab file named street.tab and these are the fields:
City | DistrictName | StreetName
I show this tab file on the map with street being the label.
Now what I wish to do is putting 2 combobox' under advanced search and one
of them would have the city names the other the district names. So when the
user looks for a street in the city C and District D he could choose from
comboboxes and type its name on the search field. It would be fairly easy if
City - District - Street relation was in a table on mysql. But only data I
got is this street.tab. My question is Can I get the Citynames,
Districtnames and streetnames from the tab file into my php application?
Hope I could be clear enough. Thanks in advance.