Query layer based on fetures

Anakreon Mentis anakreon at CSD.AUTH.GR
Mon Dec 3 08:15:19 EST 2007

Anakreon Mentis writes:
 > Hello all.
 >
 > I need to make a query on a layer based on features.
 > The data of the layer are retrived from a mysql database
 > using the OGR driver.
 >
 > I want to use some of the fields of the table for quering.
 > The role of the template for the layer seems clear to me.
 >
 > Is there an example which queries a layer based on features?
 >
 > Thanks in advanced for your reply.
 >
 > Anakreon
I can actually query the layer from the cgi interface
using
mode=ITEMNQUERY
qitem=catch_code
qstring=1020

There are two problems however.
The first is the an error related to a metadata field
called qstring_validation_pattern.
If I set the value to "/\d+/", it fails.
I tried "\d+" but it fails again even if the qstring value is a number.

If I set it to ".*" it works but I'd like to know what is wrong if I set it
to \d+.

The second problem is that I want to query the layer based on many attributes,
not just one.
If I pass in the url multiple qitem and qstring parameteres, only the last one
is used.